Saturday 31 October 2015

Festive Designs

For me Christmas began in August, well thinking about this year's designs at any rate.
Every year I like to create new products in embroidery and a special card to send to friends and family.
The robin is a perennial favourite, there's just something about this cheeky little bird that people love.

Last year I created a hand embroidered hoop featuring this lovely creature, so this was my starting point for 2015's designs too.
I wanted to create a product with a double function, so the robin linen heart was born.
Frosted holly and red berry holly.

Ivy heart.
Traditional Holly heart .
 
These linen hearts are scented with a gorgeous winter spice oil, so the smell of oranges, cinnamon and spices fills the air.  The robin is a detachable brooch made in wool and silk. The heart is pure linen embroidered and beaded. The heart hangs from a yummy velvet ribbon too.

The little robins are also available separately.
I next developed a series of linen tree hearts, these are such fun to make. They have silk applique, embroidery and tiny details of beads. I especially love the tiny faux pearls sewn around the edge. In this range are mistletoe, holly and a robin. They come in a branded envelope, so they make a great gift, easy to post too !!



The same designs are also made in a smaller size as a brooch. These make a subtle festive statement.

I hope you like my new designs, they are being added to my Etsy shop as you read or contact me through Face Book or email. Prices range from £12 to £22 plus postage.
Here's last year's best seller too, I've hatched a new batch as I love them so much !

No comments:

Post a Comment