Friday 30 December 2016

2016 what a year !

Well its nearly over and what a year it turned out to be, a real rollercoaster not to be too clichéd about it. I thought I'd take a few moments to reflect and look forward to 2017.

Here are my highlights.

I started teaching workshops for the fantastic Make at Monteray  http://www.make-at-monteray.co.uk/
This led to teaching a  taster workshop at The Contemporary Craft Festival at Bovey Tracey which was a great experience.
 
I signed up for business mentoring with the fabulous Creative Business Network
This helped me to organise my thoughts and push myself in a new direction. I also launched my newsletter. http://heatheremb.us13.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=bbc76023375996925144b6633&id=0b3efe2e31
I rethought my pricing structure and began to produce larger, more 3d work based on British butterflies.
 
I exhibited work at two new shows to me, Nourish Festival and later Wonderworks. Rethinking my products and display has been really worthwhile.
 
My husband and I had a fantastic, inspiring holiday to China and Japan. This was to celebrate a milestone birthday. In my personal life I took on a new role as a carer and had to learn to balance this with work. It's made me more determined to create as I now realise what a vital part of my life it is.

So thank you to everyone who supports me, by reading my blog, liking my posts, retweeting my tweets, buying my work and listening to my insecurities. Here's hoping for a kinder 2017.

Happy New Year !

I have brand, new workshops coming for 2017 including this one at Make at Monteray http://www.make-at-monteray.co.uk/events/craft-workshop/machine-applique-butterfly-cushion-with-heather-everitt.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment