Sunday 7 January 2018

Looking backwards and forwards

Well here we are in 2018 and maybe it's time to reflect on the past year and start making plans for the new.
2017 was a fantastic year for me and it started in January with a meeting at Liberty, London. Following on from a chance meeting with a very lovely lady at a craft fair in Chagford, I had a chance to show my work to the home buyer. And so began the most wonderful opportunity in my creative career, I've written previously about my long standing love of Liberty and I cannot over emphasis it is a dream come true.
Seeing my work in the store moved me to tears on more than one occasion last year, I'm thrilled to say I'm working on a new collection from them, due to be delivered in early February.
 
 
Other highlights this year were exhibiting at The Contemporary Craft Festival in June, being a guest maker at The Devon Guild and being selected to have my work on the gorgeous Made By Hand Online.

I also had the privilege of exhibit at Cowslip Workshops for both their summer and Christmas Fairs.
My banner making continues to go hand in hand with the butterflies and bugs, I have some very exciting commissions to fulfil this year.
I am so lucky to do something I love everyday, its has been especially important as I also undertook a new role as a carer for my Mum. The saying 'a needle and thread mends the head' couldn't be more true as I learn to deal with her vascular dementia, my creativity provides me with a constant in the more difficult periods.
Thank you for being with me on this stitchy journey and I'm so looking forward to sharing what 2018 will bring.
Heather x

No comments:

Post a Comment